They were initially dormant, flanking the throne, until one of the players, an artificer with the Curious Hindrance, approached one of them. The first warforged scorpion awoke and immediately attacked the artificer with a pincer and its stinger while the other approached the rest of the part and sprayed a cone of acid at them, both of them getting the drop on the players as a result. The encounter almost ended up a TPK, but two well-played Adventure Cards and a couple of bennies turned the tides in a single round, causing one warforged scorpion to critically fumble with its stinger and injure itself and the bard hitting the other warforged scorpion with a precise shot of his hand crossbow, disabling it with a single bolt.
Warforged ScorpionAttributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d10
Skills: Climbing d8, Fighting d8, Notice d4, Shooting d6; Stealth d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (3)
- Acid Spray: Warforged scorpions can project a spray of acid using the Cone Template. Characters within the cone must make an opposed Agility roll against the warforged scorpion's Shooting roll or suffer 2d8 damage. If the victim does not take an action to wash off the acid or strip off any acid covered items, the acid does 1d8 damage on the warforged scorpion's next action.
- Armor +3: Warforged scorpions have chitinous skin made out of metal.
- Construct: Warforged scorpions add +2 to recover from being Shaken, do not suffer wound modifiers, and are immune to poison and disease. Warforged scorpions do not suffer additional damage from called shots.
- Grapple: A warforged scorpion may grapple a foe with one or both pincers. If it uses both, each must make a successful opposed Strength roll. Escaping from a double grapple gives the prey a –4 penalty to his Strength roll to escape. A stinger attack against a grappled foe is made at +2, +4 if the victim is held in both pincers.
- Improved Frenzy: Warforged scorpions may make 2 Fighting attacks with no multiaction penalty.
- Pincers: Str+d4
- Size +2: Warforged scorpions measure 9' in length.
- Sting: Str+d6, +d6 acid
Eberron is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., in the U.S.A. and other countries. All Wizards characters, character names, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc.