My wife is pregnant!
At the time of this post, she is 25 weeks. As such, I've had to spend less time nerding out and more time helping her around the house with things and getting our home ready for a new tenant. So what to do next? Well, with 4e around the corner, I'm considering a switch for multiple reasons.
- There is going to be a feature called DDI which will include the following:
- Online versions of Dragon and Dungeon Magazine
- Online game table with customizable miniatures and VoIP
- Online database of all rules as they are published in various supplements
- $14.95 monthly, $12.95 a month for 3-month subscription, or $9.95 a month for annual subscription; that's cheaper than spending at least $20 a month on a hardcopy
- Setting supplements will consist only of campaign guide and a player's guide.
- Playing could occur in smaller time spans of an hour or so before bedtime online at home rather than driving back and forth to someone else's house
- The new rules are designed to reduce the work of the DM, and having the content from the magazines online as well as online character creation tools that use that database almost turns the work into none.